After a considerable amount of thought, we have decided to look for local (Devon) adoptee parents for one of our chocolate point neutured Siamese queens.
We think Mari would suit a rural, retired person or couple as she loves day (& night!) long human company. Even more ideal a gardener or gardeners as she really enjoys keeping me company in the garden & the greenhouse & adores being out & about in the sunshine catching the odd mouse! Any new home would need to be somewhere she can safely enjoy the outdoors (no nearby roads), be very pampered, played with, and have lots & lots of human company, where she can also be the top cat.
Mari would suit someone experienced with Siamese, she is talkative, a huge character, loving & can open doors at will….a typical Siamese! This is such a difficult decision for us to consider, but, we realise that unfortunately Mari isn’t comfortable living with other queens. She would be in purrvana as a spoilt & only Siamese cat.
We would like to find someone local to us, as we are very attached, & would like to be able to visit her new home before considering her adoption.
If you think you might be a good match please begin by filling in our kitten questionnaire below.
Please bear in mind before enquiring that we can have a long waiting list, we don’t always have availability, and we are small hobby breeders so an enquiry, cannot be a guarantee of a kitten.
While we take into account your preferences, we have a responsibility to match individual kittens to the most suitable homes. So, although we try our best, this means that the waiting list will not necessarily be on a first-come-first-served basis.
We very rarely export and will only take it under consideration, if the owner comes to pick up in person, and the kitten can travel “in cabin” with them. At this time due to Covid we cannot accept any enquiries from overseas.
We like to ask all prospective owners of an Emrys kitten lots and lots and lots of questions. So, when getting in touch, the more you can tell us about yourself, your family and home, the better.
Emrys Spring ’22 Kitten Update:
Our waiting list for kittens for 2022 is full, and so we can no longer take on enquiries or deposits.
If people wish to fill in our kitten owner questionairre form, I do put these on file for when we re-open the waiting list, but cannot reply individually when we are closed as we will be fully focused on kittens and the cottage:-)
This is our Emrys “Kitten Questionnaire”. Please feel free to add more information.
- Have you had a Siamese before?
- Are you interested in a particular colour-point?
- Do you have a preference for a male or female, and if so why?
- Do you have any particular views on neutering?
- Why are you interested in a Siamese kitten? i.e. what interests you in the breed, what would you expect from a Siamese? Do you think they would expect anything from you?
- How much time would you, in particular, have to spend with your kitten/cat?
- Would you keep him/her indoors or let them outdoors… what sort of life would you envisage them having?
- If appropriate, what sort of foods do you feed your existing/previous cats? Are you interested in learning more about feline diet or would you prefer to continue with your previous routine?
- Do you have other pets or children?
- If you have children, what age are they? If they are young how would they be introduced and what sort of a relationship do you think they would have with a kitten?
- How old are you and, if appropriate, your partner?
- Do know of anything that might make it difficult for you to look after a kitten or cat yourself, both now or in the future? If so, have you thought about how you might plan for / cope with this.
PS. Don’t forget to include your address and postcode.
Getting in touch
Please remember, Emrys Siamese is our hobby…
We do get a lot of enquiries and are often busy working, looking after kitties, renovating the cottage, doing some gardening, and just trying to keep on top of life in general!
Of course, we love to hear from you all but, unfortunately, we can’t always reply as quickly as we would like. So, if we’re a little slow in responding, please accept our thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Emma & Adrian