Spring 2024: Our waiting list for kittens is currently closed.
On rare occassions, when we are retiring one of our own queens, we may consider letting them be adopted to the right home. This is something we would only do if we feel they would be happier as an only cat – as unfortunately (and sadly) not all retired breeding queens will get on. If you fill in our kitten questionnaire as a guideline to the sort of home you might offer an older cat, we can keep this on file for you.
Please bear in mind before enquiring about our kittens that we often have a waiting list, we don’t always have availability, and we are small hobby breeders so an enquiry, cannot be a guarantee of a kitten.
While we take into account your preferences, we have a responsibility to match individual kittens to the most suitable homes. So, although we try our best, this means that the waiting list will not necessarily be on a first-come-first-served basis.
We like to ask all prospective owners of an Emrys kitten lots and lots and lots of questions. So, when getting in touch, the more you can tell us about yourself, your family and home, the better.
This is our Emrys “Kitten Questionnaire”. Please feel free to add more information.
2024 : Our waiting list is currently closed
- Have you had a Siamese before?
- Are you interested in a particular colour-point?
- Do you have a preference for a male or female, and if so why?
- Do you have any particular views on neutering?
- Why are you interested in a Siamese kitten? i.e. what interests you in the breed, what would you expect from a Siamese? Do you think they would expect anything from you?
- How much time would you, in particular, have to spend with your kitten/cat?
- Would you keep him/her indoors or let them outdoors… what sort of life would you envisage them having?
- If appropriate, what sort of foods do you feed your existing/previous cats? Are you interested in learning more about feline diet or would you prefer to continue with your previous routine?
- Do you have other pets or children?
- If you have children, what age are they? If they are young how would they be introduced and what sort of a relationship do you think they would have with a kitten?
- How old are you and, if appropriate, your partner?
- Do know of anything that might make it difficult for you to look after a kitten or cat yourself, both now or in the future? If so, have you thought about how you might plan for / cope with this.
PS. Don’t forget to include your address and postcode.
Getting in touch
Please remember, Emrys Siamese is our hobby…
We do get a lot of enquiries and are often busy working, looking after kitties, renovating the cottage, doing some gardening, and just trying to keep on top of life in general!
Of course, we love to hear from you all but, unfortunately, we can’t always reply as quickly as we would like. So, if we’re a little slow in responding, please accept our thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.
*Kitten enquiries that come in while the waiting list is closed will be put on file, but not always answered individually. Thank you!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Emma & Adrian